Sunday, 20 September 2009

Back from a break

I've been away on my long-awaited trip to the USA with 4 of my friends. It was basically a road-trip to Vegas from San Diego and back again via the Grand Canyon, L.A. and a few other places. I feel exhausted from it, driving, gambling! and eating pretty unhealthily. I now know why the Americans are so obese, it's because it's actually hard to find supermarkets or somewhere to eat that offers healthy foods - I didn't make that much of an effort in all honesty to find it though, generally going for the easy option while I was out there. I was planning on doing a post out there, but found it hard to find a good internet cafe, as well as the time!


Anyway it's good to be back, refocus from my gambling in Vegas; I lost £200 which felt pretty bad, I won't lie! I'm not an out and out gambler by trade and it showed. I kept it small, on the tables that offered the lowest minimum bets. I worked on the day before I left, but just couldn't keep my concentration because I had so many things on my mind - it just shows again how little you must have on your mind to be able to trade effectively. Alternatively you could just be good at blocking out thoughts that you don't want, from coming up while you trade.

I haven't really been trying anything new with my trading. It's pretty much become standardised. So until my approach doesn't work I'll keep doing what I do. I expect a rocky start after a while away from the trading screen - I'll keep my progress posted on here.

5 comments:

Alex said...

Welcome back Adam, thanks for the mail earlier.
Looking forward to following your site updates now your back.

Alex
www.every-loser-wins.blogspot.com

Steve said...

Hi Adam, I've really enjoyed reading through your blog and I'm just taking the first steps in what will hopefully see me end up as a full time Betfair Trader. I've started a blog to track my progress and I've added a link for your blog - just wondering if you could do the same for me please pal?

Thanks a lot

Steve
http://www.thebetfairfootballtrader.com

SWM said...

Hi Adam,

I have been following your blog for a while now, and find it really intresting. I was thinking about trying to arrange a Betfair Seminar next year some time and wondered if you fancied comng to speak at it? talking about how you pick you movers and things.

Let me know your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

bit strange you're winning more than 200k and you loose £200 and you're down jesus get a grip man

steve price said...

hi adam hope you enjoyed your break could you put up a link to this pls

http://stevesbetfairtrading.blogspot.com/

thanks mate hows it going now your back rusty or full flow