Thursday, 16 July 2009

Clashes

Occasionally, like today, you'll find clashes with other sports. The liquidity is fairly low and trading the markets whilst the golf open and ashes cricket are on, give the markets a much less meaty feel. It's hard for me to hit these targets I set for myself, and knowing the nature of the markets it makes it slightly demoralising. This is the sound of an unmotivated person and I'm writing this post to remind myself that all this negative talking about racing is having a big impact on my ability to focus and make the best of the days racing.

If you ever catch yourself speaking negatively, all you have to do is talk yourself out of it. The more you do it, the quicker you can turn your attitude around in the future.

5 comments:

TraderUK said...

Liquidity is terrible at the moment. The markets feel just like the miserable mid winter aw racing. No amount of positive talking can change the liquidity! In all honesty, I have never known summer racing liquidity this bad.

I look forward to seeing your weekly totals though, you will be smashing in a day my monthly figures no doubt :)

Keep up with the blog, always a good read.

Anonymous said...

Good point, If I have a couple of losing days I lose confidence and my mindset is negative, most of the time once this happens I have a bad run for a week or two! It's hard but you have got to stay positive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam,
Do you use anchors to change your state. How about music?
One question about intuiton how often do you feel you are right when using it?
Do you notice a specific feeling when you are right?

Anonymous said...

"Good point, If I have a couple of losing days I lose confidence and my mindset is negative, most of the time once this happens I have a bad run for a week or two! It's hard but you have got to stay positive!"

pmsl ...

Adam Heathcote said...

Hi Anonymous2, I definitely use music to change my mind state. It's hard to say - probably about 70%. I do notice a specific feeling when I'm right from an intuitive angle, it's just unexplainable.