Monday, 15 December 2008

Heathcote!

Well today was the occasion where a horse called Heathcote ran! I knew about him, he had won his previous race which I forgot to put some money on. I didn't make any money on the race from trading, but decided to put a £25 bet on Heathcote seeing that thats my rare surname! He won! It was an exciting race, where Heathcote stole the lead on the last hurdle. His odds peaked at 60 in-play but I backed him pre-race at a measly 3.9. I'm not really a gambler so it was just a fun dabble.


Back to trading, I was very rusty today (well, at the start) because of the lack of trading I've had over the last week. Plenty on my mind as well, with Christmas coming up. I picked up my game though after the first hour and a half, I was fearing it would be a losing day but roared back. Try and keep your head high even if you are losing. I need to miss the last couple of races at Wolverhamtpon for a 5-a-side game again - hopefully I don't miss too much.

On a separate note. Anybody else think that Rebecca Adlingtons odds of ~1.67 were way too low for winning the BBC Sports Personality of the Year last night? I wasn't sure why they were so low because I mean she had only won 2 gold medals (I say only!), but Chris Hoy won 3, and stupidly I didn't have a small gamble. I should follow my 'hunches' more often because I think I would be in profit.

6 comments:

Krzysztof said...

You're doing very well, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah the odds were too low...I backed her at 1.91 but got out 1/2 hour before at 1.7...Never backed Chris Hoy though

paul said...

Maybe I've missed something about Sports Personality of the Year but where's the Personality? Obviously we all have a personality but that doesn't make you a 'Personality'. Neither does winning a couple of medals or whatever. It should be sportsperson of the year. And don't get me started about X Factor. Grrrrr!

gavtheman said...

hi really enjoying reading your blog every day.i noticed you seem to have a massive screen in your photo when you trade, can you suggest what are the essential tools for a successful trader in regards to equipment etc. or would you say you can either trade or you cant and the equipment is secondary. cheers all the best.

Krzysztof said...

How long since august 2007 took you to reach this average daily profit? When did You visit Peter's seminar?

Adam Heathcote said...

Hi gavtheman, I do have a big screen, its a 30" dell! Anyway I wouldn't recommend it because it was just personal preference. I have only had this monitor for a few months now. Essential tools: a monitor, tv, wired mouse & fast internet. The equipment is essential, for example with slow internet theres you lose an edge. But then if you can't trade the equipment is useless! I'll make a long post in the new year about equipment etc.

Krzysztof, it got to September this year to get to these levels of profit, so 1 year. I just had a look, I went on his seminar on the 9th October 2006! Nearly a year before I started! I didn't trade because I was at university and wanted to have a full-time go at trading rather than part-time.